Monday, August 16, 2010

Hello!


Hey there!

We disappeared for a while, huh? DH decided that we were able to swing a quick trip back to visit my family in Oklahoma and Missouri. It was totally spur of the moment. DH decided it on Thursday the 5th and we packed up that night and left. Always easier to start out a trip at dark when the kids sleep and we can put many miles behind us before they start asking "when will we be there?" We had a wonderful time visiting and introducing Little Sister. I wish we could have stayed much longer, but I started back to work yesterday. We drove back there, a bit under 2,000 miles each way. The kids were good in the car, and little E is quite the traveling baby. She was great and loved sitting in the middle with her two brothers on each side. She smiled and cooed and laughed and slept. J continued reading on his "Unfortunate Events" series and L chatted and played with dinosaurs and cars. We made many stops along the way there and back to stretch our legs, eat (no eating in the car!! doing our best to keep it clean), and let the boys run. My favorite state to drive through is Utah. I absolutely love rocks and Utah has a lot of them!! I love to see the buttes and wind and water swept dry canyons. Just beautiful! The pictures above are of the boys at a stop along an exit from the highway in UT. They needed that run! I'll have more to post about our trip, but wanted to say hello before going to bed tonight.

I have many more pictures to share too.

I returned to work yesterday. It went well, and it was really great to see all my friends and co-workers. I had trouble remembering passwords, I have a bunch in my job doing payroll and reports. The trouble was that many changed just before my leave and I couldn't remember what I changed them to. And several cannot be the same as another, so again, I have a lot to remember. I was able to get them reset or remembered and the day went by pretty well. I did miss my family, but I emailed pictures to my work email to put on my computer so I could see my kiddos throughout the day. DH was home with the kiddos for the first time by himself. He took them all to church too! He said it all went great. Sister was a bit fussy and I think she missed me :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment